Microsoft joined the European Disability Forum (EDF) in Brussels to discuss how the business, government and private sectors can contribute to making web accessibility a staple in Europe. Among the initiatives that already are underway include:
- The goal of making 100% of public websites accessible
- Accessibility resources available on the Microsoft website
- A Web Accessibility Handbook for European countries
- A guide for governments on how to resolve accessibility issues
- Schipol Treaty, an agreement among Dutch companies to prompt change regarding Internet accessibility
To read more about the Microsoft-Europe collaboration, go to Making progress on web accessibility across Europe.