The recent iOS 7.1 updates includes some updates to the accessibility features. Some of the Accessibility highlights include:
- Keyboard, calculator and many icon glyphs are now included in the bold font option.
- Reduce Motion now includes Weather, Messages, and multitasking UI animations.
- New options to display button shapes, darken app colors, and reduce white point.
- New wallpapers which low-vision users may find make it easier to see text and images. They are available in a selection of solid colors with a polka dot pattern.
- New option turns on "Button Shapes". This is intended to make buttons easier to distinguish from other text on the screen (such as icon labels).
Although not tagged as part of accessibility, an update to Siri could have some positive implication for users with disabilities.
- Manually control when Siri listens by holding down the home button while you speak and releasing it when you’re done as an alternative to letting Siri automatically notice when you stop talking.