Dragon Naturally Speaking is a speech recognition software that makes it easier for anyone to use a computer and allows users to communicate comfortably in a way that works for them.
What does Dragon Naturally Speaking do?
Dragon Naturally Speaking allows users to control the computer through speech to create and edit documents or emails, launch applications, open files, control your mouse, and more.
How does Dragon Naturally Speaking help People with Disabilities?
- Mobility Impairments (e.g. RSI, paralysis, broken arm) - speech recognition capabilities allows users to work virtually hands free when creating documents, accessing data or working on the Web
- Visual Impairments - use Dragon to OCR documents to make content that was previously unreadable readable
- Deaf and hard-of-hearing - Dragon provides automatic transcription of voice mails and web audio content
- Cognitive disabilities (e.g. learning disabilities, dsylexia) - Allows users to express their thoughts in writing with greater speed and ease. Dragon 12 now has a new natural voice for text-to-speech to allow users to listen to text.
What's New in Dragon 12?
- Greater accuracy without having to spend hours training the voice recognition
- Faster correction and more choices to make changes quicker and easier
- Runs faster
- Learns your preferences so when you dictate it automatically uses those styles
- New natural text to speech voice
- Full text support for GMail in IE9, Firefox 12 and Google Chrome 16 and higher
- Abiliity to use your Android or iPhone/iPad as a wireless microphone with the new Dragon Remote Microphone App.
When will Dragon 12 be available?
Dragon 12 is scheduled for release on September 7, 2012.