The VPAT® form has been updated to incorporate the revised Section 508 ICT accessibility standards. The standards were revised earlier this year on January 18th. The original 1.3 version of the VPAT® will remain available until January 18th 2018. However, ITI recommends the use of the new VPAT® 2.0 over the original version.
The updated VPAT® does remain consistent with the original version in that it provides a column for recording conformance to each provision of a standard or guideline when appropriate, using four conformance levels. Additionally, it includes a column for providing a more detailed explanation for each response.
The updated VPAT® 2.0 includes the following:
- A universal format for three standards:
- Instructions for essential requirements to use the VPAT® service mark and best practices, which provide for consistent, uniform and more complete reporting by manufactures.
- A Product Description field
- An Evaluations Methods Used field
- A Notes field for the report and each table
More information and resources can be found on the ITI website.